2023 Yampa/White/Green River Basin Tour
June 6 – 7, 2023
Our annual river basin tour will be held June 6 – 7, 2023. The tour will focus on the Yampa/White/Green River Basin.
What you’ll experience on the tour:
- Riding on a comfortable, climate-controlled coach bus with fellow tour participants through a beautiful part of Colorado!
- Exposure to local water characteristics, uses and values, plus the priorities and projects of the Yampa/White/Green Basin Roundtable.
- Visiting multiple natural, municipal, and agricultural sites around the Yampa/White/Green River Basin.
- Tours of natural and built infrastructure include power production (coal and hydro), an ecologically restorative ranch, recreational stream infrastructure, and much more!
- Speakers with broad perspectives discussing water issues and how water ties into other sectors.
- On-the-ground examples of novel techniques driving water innovation and sustainability.
- Two full days of learning and exploration!
June 5: Arrival for those staying in Steamboat the night before the tour
June 6: 7:15-7:30am Registration, 7:45am Bus loads, 8:00am Day 1 departure, 8:00pm Arrival at hotel in Craig
June 7: 7:15 Bus loads, 7:30 Day 2 departure, 5:30pm Return to starting point in Steamboat
Cost and inclusions
- WEco Members: $595
- Non-WEco Members: $645
If you are interested in becoming a WEco member, click here!
A limited number of partial scholarships are available, thanks to support from our sponsors. Please contact Sabrina White by email at email@example.com if you are interested in being considered for a scholarship. Students, teachers, elected officials and NGO staff will be prioritized for scholarships.
This two-day tour includes lunches on both days and dinner on June 6th, as well as hotel accommodations for the night of June 6, where we will be staying at the Quality Inn in Craig. (Each participant will receive their own room.) Complimentary hotel breakfast will be included for the morning of June 7. Due to the nature of a bus tour, with limited seats and the tour route, we are unable to offer one-day registration.
If you plan on staying in Steamboat Springs the night of June 5, we will be sending information after you register about booking your stay at the hotel we will be departing from, using our group rate.
For questions about the tour, please contact Sabrina White by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-325-1088.