2021 Urban Water Cycle Tour - Colorado Springs - June 11
Urban Water Cycle Tour - Colorado Springs, June 11 9am-1pm
Join us Friday, June 11 from 9am-1pm along Cottonwood Creek for the inaugural Urban Water Cycle Bike Tour in Colorado Springs!
This tour will connect community members to local water and recreation resources through an approximately 9-mile (mostly downhill) ride.
We will start at Frank Costello Park, with a short ride to Cowpoke Flood Detention and Development. You will then ride downhill all the way to a creek restoration site on Monument Creek. With a short ride back uphill, you will end at Crit Cafe for our final speakers, networking and refreshments on your own.
Tour topics include:
- What are the Cottonwood Creek, Fountain Creek, and Arkansas River watersheds?
- Why water quality is important? What is stormwater? What is point source and nonpoint source pollution?
- How is Colorado Springs conserving water and planning for its future water supply?
- How are community partners connecting neighborhoods to trails and creeks?
- How can maintaining pipes allow us to restore creeks?
- How do we ensure our water is clean and safe?
- How can you protect stream health?
We thank our supporters at Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment, Colorado Springs Utilities, El Pomar Foundation, Fountain Creek Watershed District and PikeRide. In addition, our partners at the Trails and Open Space Coalition and the City of Colorado Springs Stormwater Enterprise (SWENT) and Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services made this tour possible. We look forward to a fun and educational day along Cottonwood Creek!
Helmets are required and we recommend sunscreen and water. Each tour will be limited to 30 riders.
Register in advance to ride. For more information on the tour visit www.wateredco.org/CSpringsBike2021 or email email@example.com.
7640 Potomac Dr
Colorado Springs, CO 80920