It’s that time of year again! The Water Leaders Program, one of Water Education Colorado’s (WEco) flagship programs, has launched our 2023 class! There are now over 220 alumni of the Water Leaders program since its inception in 2006, and the class keeps growing. In the complex world of Colorado water, the goal of the Water Leaders Program is to equip the next generation of water professionals with the necessary skills to intelligently and confidently lead the state forward toward sustainable solutions for Colorado water. This year we’re trying something new. We’ve expanded the length of the program year from April to October (previously September), and have added three virtual check-ins to keep our class engaged and learning through the Summer. We are very excited to have kicked off the 2023 Water Leaders Program on April 27 – 28!
WEco is partnering with Stephanie Scott of Scott Solutions LLC, and Ashley Seeley of Excellence Advantage to deliver leadership development facilitation and coaching. The Water Leaders curriculum positively impacts the Colorado water profession by creating a pipeline of dedicated, effective water leaders across diverse fields with the skills to bring emotionally intelligent leadership to their organizations. While the program typically only lasts for five months, the skills and relationships that are built last a lifetime!
This year we’ve expanded the class from 16 to 20, and are excited to announce our 2023 class of Water Leaders. Please join us in celebrating these water professionals who are making a commitment to take their leadership to the next level for a better water future for Colorado!
2023 Water Leaders Class
- Amber Pacheco, Deputy General Manager, Rio Grande Water Conservation District
- Ariel Hacker, District Engineer, Woodmoor Water and Sanitation District
- Brandy Logan, Water Resources Specialist, Colorado Water Conservation Board
- Cameron Wilkins, Unit Manager – Field Unit 2, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment
- Chris Muller, Senior Water Resources Engineer, South Metro Water Supply Authority
- Cristy Radabaugh, Vice President/Principal Engineer, Martin and Wood Water Consultants
- Donnie Dustin, Water Resources Engineer II, City of Fort Collins Utilities
- Holly Kirkpatrick, Public Information and External Affairs Manager, Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District
- Jenny McCarty, Water Resources Specialist, St. Vrain and Left Hand Water Conservancy District
- Jessica DiToro, Project Manager, LRE Water
- Justin Zeisler, Engineer IV, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Kayli Foulk, Water Quality Specialist, Grand County
- Kimberly Mihelich, Source Water Protection Specialist, Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District
- Logan Hartle, Manager and Operator in Responsible Charge, Elbert Creek Water Company
- Mary Huisenga, Senior Natural Resource Team Lead, SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Quinn Donnelly, Upper Colorado Regional Leader, RiverRestoration.org, LLC
- Rachel Pence, Water Resources Engineer, Denver Water
- Rachel Zerowin, Community Programs Director, High Country Conservation Center
- Steve Barrett, Principal Water Resources Specialist, HRS Water Consultants, Inc.
- Teresa Patterson, Watershed Manager – South Platte River, Mile High Flood District
Read more about this class in the 2023 Water Leaders professional biographies.