Give where you live and support organizations you care about on Colorado Gives Day… particularly organizations that work with water.
Why Tuesday the 4th? You have 24 hours to unite with other Coloradans and donate through Givingfirst.org in support of more than 1,000 nonprofits. All donations on Colorado Gives Day will be bolstered by the FirstBank Incentive Fund— each dollar that you give will be amplified and 100 percent of your donation will go to charity. Mark your calendar or schedule your donation now so that the transaction occurs on the 4th– then spread the word. As the Denver Post reported
“We want things to be more viral,” said Jamie Tafoya, a banking officer at FirstBank, which partnered with Community First Foundation to develop the philanthropic blitz that raised $8.7 million in 2010, its first year.
The awareness campaign kicks off Monday, with a Colorado Gives Day Trivia Contest posted on FirstBank’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Ten winners will get $1,000 from FirstBank to donate to their favorite charity. The contest runs through Friday.
Who to support? There are so many GREAT options. We’ve received some advertisements through email, Facebook and old-fashioned mail, so here a just a few of your state-wide water-related choices. Search for more options in your own community.
- The Colorado Foundation for Water Education Visit cfwe.org/donate to learn where your money will go.
- The Colorado Watershed Assembly
- Colorado Water Trust
- Colorado Trout Unlimited for more details on their campaign visit coloradotu.org/2012/11/24-hours-to-give-where-you-live/
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
- Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education
- Colorado Foundation for Agriculture
- Colorado Environmental Coalition
And SO MANY MORE wonderful organizations. Where is your money going on this Colorado Gives Day? Who do we need to add to the list? Comment to let us know… or just express yourself by donating on the 4th!