2022 Upper Colorado River Basin Tour
June 15-17, 2022
Update: the tour is now SOLD OUT. You may still add your name to the waitlist.
Our annual river basin tour will be held June 15-17, 2022. This year’s tour focuses on the Upper Colorado River Basin.
Jump on the bus for our three-day Annual River Basin Tour, June 15-17, 2022. You and 50 other water professionals, agricultural producers, elected officials, educators, and interested community members will have the opportunity to ride on our coach bus tour of the Upper Colorado River Basin.
As part of recognizing the 100th anniversary of the Colorado River Compact, WEco’s 2022 tour will feature:
- Multiple Colorado Western Slope watersheds within the Upper Colorado River system
- Speakers from a diversity of perspectives who are grappling with the future of Colorado River management, restoration, and protection within Colorado
- On the ground projects, research and examples of program implementation
- Three full days of in-field learning covering a broad geographic reach
Our tours are capped at 50 and frequently sell out. Reserve your spot today!
Check out the draft itinerary. We’ll visit and learn at these sites and more:
Moffat Tunnel, irrigation research sites, critical fish habitat in the 15 Mile Reach, a Grand Valley farm/vineyard, Blue Mesa Dam and Reservoir, and much, much more!
Sponsorship opportunities are available! Learn more.
Tour topics will include:
- Colorado River Compact: Colorado River Compact and Law of the River
- Climate and Hydrology
- Transbasin Diversions
- Collaborative Environmental Management (Endangered Species, Salinity Control)
- Diversion monitoring and compliance
- Agriculture & Industry sustained by Colorado River water (East and West Slope)
- Upper Colorado storage systems, relation to Lake Powell contributions
- Tribal water settlements and their implementation
- Drought Response Operations Plan
- Research and Field Work to advance Irrigation Efficiency and Conserved Consumptive Use in western agriculture
Cost and inclusions:
Cost: After May 1, $995 WEco member/$1,045 non-WEco member
A limited number of partial scholarships are available thanks to our sponsors. If you would like to request a scholarship, please fill out the scholarship request form.
This three-day tour includes lunches on all three days, dinners on June 15 and 16. We are unable to offer single or two-day registrations. Hotels for the nights of June 15 (Glenwood Springs) and June 16 (Montrose) are included in the registration cost. Complimentary hotel breakfast is included for the mornings of June 16 and 17.
For overnight accommodations in Silverthorne before the tour on June 14, participants may make separate reservations at La Quinta Inn & Suites by calling 1-800-753-3757 – reference conf # 5136B296139809.
Please note that hotel breakfast on the morning of 6/15 is only available to those staying overnight at La Quinta Inn & Suites.
Tour beginning/end: The tour will begin and end in Silverthorne. The meeting time will be 7:30 am on Wednesday, June 15, and the tour will conclude at 6:00 pm on Friday, June 17.
Tour check-in: Check-in will be just outside the La Quinta Inn & Suites under the hotel awning (weather permitting). Participants who are staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites can check in for the tour on the evening of 6/14. All others will check in between 6:30am-7:30am on Wednesday, 6/15.
Parking: Participant cars may be parked at the La Quinta Inn & Suites. The hotel will collect vehicle make, model and license plates.
Commitment: Please note that this is a three-day tour, we invite you to sit back and relax as we take you from site to site along this tour route. To participate, you are committing to riding the bus for the full three days, starting and ending in Silverthorne.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please contact Scott Williamson by email at email@example.com or call 720-398-6438. We kindly request two weeks notice of need for accommodations.